Monday, August 18, 2008

Theories behind community & explorations from life- photography by Ruth

IF ONLY THERE WERE A WALL TO WRITE MY LIFE'S VERSES, THEN THE WORLD WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE MY COINCIDING EXISTENCE: robjohns, r. trying to get inside the head of the community.



I have been looking through photos I have taken to find (and crop into) elements of life that can relate to the collective confessors of my brief. I have also taken note of some things from Genesis in the bible. A few quotes i have noted in particular:
"The earth was without form and void" (genesis)
"I know your works. Behold I have set before you an open door which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." (Revelation)


I have drawn inspiration for my character from an episode on TV, Insider on ABC. It showed the life work by one Salvation Army gentleman who was so completely unfazed, unmaterialistic and unbiased with his help for those less fortunate (as the collective confessor). This man and his wife helped cook, house and negotiate a better quality of life for these people.


I'd much rather base this horse latitude project on a character and community such as this who are needing of housing, not wanting. The following are some images I have taken in the last two months that give a hint of community, welfare and emotion in these people.


LINCOLN HIGH STREET, ENGLAND JULY 2008
those who walk amongst us, are invisible

CHRISTCHURCH, ENGLAND JULY 2008
Modern day, as built by those who came before. A sign of being in the shadows of another, being left behind or in a time that feels is not yours. The pavement which becomes a home, neighbouring an actual home.
MAN SLUMPED IN HYDE PARK, LONDON JULY 2008
The tree for life so near and get not able to be climbed by all. Despair about life's challenges.
SALVATION ARMY HQ LONDON, July 2008
The founding fathers of goodwill whose presence is not unnoticed.

BATH CATHEDRAL, ENGLAND JULY 2008
Unique and common, figures climb the ladder of life to the heavens.





No comments: